THIS IS AN OPEN BOX DISCOUNTED ITEM. ORIGINAL CARDBOARD BOX MAY HAVE MARKS AND SCUFFS FROM PRIOR TRANSIT OR PRODUCT MAY HAVE BEEN REPACKAGED. PICTURES SHOWN ARE STOCK IMAGES OF A NEW UNIT, NOT ACTUAL PICTURES OF ITEM FOR SALE. PLEASE READ CONDITION NOTES AND DESCRIPTION OF ACTUAL ITEM FOR SALE PRIOR TO PURCHASE!!!
- Reason for Discount: Used Open Box Item - Customer Return
- Functionality: Tested and working
- Cosmetic Condition: Used, Fair Condition. Used product may show signs of use or damage such as cracks, deep scratches or gouges, major dents, dirt, signs of repair, or may be missing accessories that do not affect functionality. Original cardboard box may show significant wear from prior transit or product may have been repackaged.
- 3-Tier hive: Premium solid wood construction for a durable hive. Includes two deep hive body boxes, which serve as the colony’s living quarters. These are the hive’s largest components, holding twenty deep frames of honeycomb. One medium super box collects surplus honey harvested from your bees and holds ten medium frames with beeswax foundations.
- 30 Frames with waxed foundations: Our Langstroth Beehive Kit comes with thirty removable solid-wood frames, with plastic foundations coated in beeswax, designed to support the honeycomb. The kit comes includes twenty deep brood frames and wax coated foundations, and ten medium super frames and wax coated foundations, which bees use to make their honeycombs.
- Telescoping cover and bottom board: This heavy-duty galvanized metal cover, prevents rust, protects your beehive and the colony from the outdoor elements, and helps extend the life of the wood hive. The bottom board supports the weight of the entire hive and protects the colony and the floor of your hive from the damp ground.
- Entrance reducer: A notched wooden strip allows you to control the bottom entrance’s size to protect the colony. It limits bee access to the hive and helps control ventilation and temperature during colder months. This wooden entrance reducer cleat is removable to allow full entrance.
- Queen excluder: The flat plastic rack limits the queen to the two lower deep hive bodies. Large holes allow the worker bees to enter, yet these holes are small enough to keep queen bee out. This helps with preventing the queen bee from laying eggs inside the Medium Super Box so honey can be collected - not the eggs.
This 3-Tier Beehive Kit is essential for all modern beekeepers. The Langstroth moveable-frame design allows you to remove or swap out combs without damaging or disturbing the colony. The kit includes two waxed, deep hive bodies and twenty deep frames with waxed foundations. Also included, is a wax-coated medium super and ten medium frames with beeswax foundations. A heavy-duty galvanized metal cover protects your hive and the colony from any outdoor elements and helps extend the life of the wood. The cover’s sides are slightly larger than the hive to maximize ventilation. In order to protect the colony from the damp ground, there is a bottom board on the floor of the beehive. A notched wooden strip acts as an entrance reducer which allows you to limit bee access to the hive, also controlling ventilation and temperature in colder months. This entrance reducer cleat allows you to control the size of the bottom entrance to protect the colony, or it is removable to maximize entry. The queen excluder limits the queen to the two lower deep hive bodies. Its holes are large enough to allow the worker bees in but small enough to keep out the queen. This will prevent the queen from laying eggs inside the medium super box. Heavy duty nails have been included for easy assembly. Dimensions: Deep Brood Boxes: 16-1/4" wide x 19-7/8" deep x 9-5/8" high Medium Super Box: 16-1/4" wide x 19-7/8" deep x 6-5/8" high Honey Keeper makes top quality beekeeping supplies to support all colony habitats and ensure longevity.