- Painted deep brood box: This 10-frame starter beehive kit includes a Langstroth hive body that is fully assembled and painted with environmentally friendly water-based and weather-resistant paint, for extra durability and protection from the elements. The hive body is constructed from Fir using dovetail joints, known for their strength and resistance ensuring a long-lasting structure. Included are a galvanized steel telescoping cover, inner cover, and solid wooden board.
- Fully assembled Langstroth hive: Unlike many starter kits, this 10-frame Langstroth beehive kit arrives fully assembled, saving you the time and effort of putting the hive together. This means you can start beekeeping right away; it is ready to use straight out of the box. All you need to do is add bees and begin your beekeeping. This convenience makes it an excellent choice for beginners.
- Deep brood frames and foundations: Included within the kit are 5 cell tech frames that fit into the hive. Frames are made from black food grade plastic, dipped in 100% beeswax. Measuring 1-3/8″ x 19″ x 9-1/8″.
- Bee jacket, veil, and gloves: Our apparel is designed to keep bees out and prevent you from stings. The premium cotton jacket is designed to protect the upper body with elastic cuffs to prevent bees from crawling inside. A reinforced upright veil attaches to the jacket with a heavy-duty zipper, allowing views in front and the sides. Over the elbow leather gloves offer dexterity and protection.
- Essential tools included: The hive tool, is the most versatile instrument used for prying apart frames that have been glued together by the bees' propolis and scraping off excess wax. Also included is a premium quality stainless steel smoker that is used to produce cool smoke that calms the bees, reducing their defensive responses and making it safer for the beekeeper to work within the hive.
The Honey Keeper Langstroth hive comes fully assembled and painted, so it is ready to use straight out of the box. All you need to do is add bees and begin your beekeeping. This 10-frame starter beehive kit includes a Langstroth hive body that is not only fully assembled but also painted for extra durability and protection from the elements. The hive body has been constructed using dovetail joints, known for their strength and resistance to being pulled apart. This ensures a robust and long-lasting hive structure, where the queen bee lays eggs and the workers store honey and pollen.Included with the brood box are a metal capped telescoping cover, inner cover, and solid wooden board, all painted. Beehive measures 22” x 18-1/2” x 35” Box measures: 16-1/4″ x 19-7/8″ x 9-5/8″Telescoping top cover: 18-1/2″ x 22″ x 2-7/8″Inner Cover: 16-1/4″ x 19-7/8″ x 3/4″Solid Bottom Board: 16-1/4″ x 22″ x 2-9/16″5 cell tech frames from black food grade plastic -1-3/8″ x 19″ x 9-1/8″Extra protective cotton beekeeping jacket - XXLElbow length leather gloves - XXLReinforced upright veilStainless steel smoker tool - 10.5"D x 11"W x 11"HCurved stainless steel hive tool - 10”Bee escape with 1" dia. Hole - 4.25" x 1.75"
California Residents: WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov