- Universal: Allows quick connect and disconnect for winches, trailer wiring or other electrical devices
- Current rating: For high-current use; true rated capacity 175 amps
- Voltage: Designed for low-Voltage (12-36 volts DC) use
- Gauge: Accepts 2-4 gauge wire
- Size: Connectors measure 3-1/8" long x 2-1/8" wide x 1" thick and measure 5-1/4" x 2-1/8" x 1" when connected as a set
Driver Recovery Products' quick connector set gives the user a simple, convenient way to connect and disconnect power to winches and other electrical devices. These are constructed of tough polycarbonate with a fitted rubber boot on each end to guard against dust, moisture, corrosion, and the elements. The connector ends are identical so that the user may connect either end to the power or load side. They are mated, meaning they connect in only one direction (polarity). The connectors are designed for low voltage use (12-36 volts DC). The set is compatible with any winch, but the ends may not match the connectors included with other brands. The connectors are suited for high-current use with winches rated 8,000 pounds or higher. The true rated capacity is 175 amps, although some dealers quote higher numbers for similar or even inferior connectors. Terminal pins are 0.35" in diameter and can accept up to a 4 gauge wire. Connectors measure 3-1/8" long x 2-1/8" wide x 1" thick and measure 5-1/4" x 2-1/8" x 1" when connected as a set. The set is easy to use; just insert the wires into the terminal pins, crimp or solder. The pins can then be inserted into the connector housing and lock in place. Each kit comes with a pair of connectors (2 connector ends, 4 terminal pins, and 2 rubber boot caps).