- Beautifully crafted: Ashthorpe’s 17 key kalimba features a mahogany top, back, and sides with a matte finish. The exquisite sound hole rosette heightens the design offering an instrument that not only sounds beautiful when played but also looks quite nice resting on a table.
- 17 key kalimba: The kalimba is played by holding the instrument in both hands and plucking the keys with your thumbs. This kalimba features a C tune, the same as a piano, which creates a relaxing and peaceful sound. The keys are made from steel ore bars of the highest quality and are gently curved to provide easy, smooth playing. The expertly engraved staggered tines feature the letters and notes for ease of playing.
- Musical instrument for all skill levels: This kalimba thumb piano is easy to play no matter what your skill level may be. Simply pluck the tines (keys) with your thumbs and enjoy the soft mellow tones the kalimba creates. The included tuning hammer allows you to easily and quickly tune your kalimba. This unique musical instrument is the perfect gift for all music lovers whether beginner or advanced player.
- A traditional instrument: The kalimba is an African musical instrument, commonly known as a thumb piano, and is a smaller, modern version of the Mbira. The kalimba originated in southern Africa and is classified in the category of lamellophones or plucked idiophones.
- Includes EVA case and essential accessories: Ashthorpe’s Kalimba arrives ready to play, complete with an EVA protective case, velvet storage bag, tuning hammer, key stickers, finger protectors, cleaning cloth, and instruction guide.
Ashthorpe’s 17-key kalimba is beautifully crafted in mahogany wood with a seamless matte finish. The kalimba provides a calming, mellow, and beautiful sound perfect for relaxing, entertaining, or for playing with other like-sounding instruments. Easy to play, the kalimba features a C tune, staggered metal tines engraved with letters and notes, and arrives with all essential accessories, and an instruction manual.
The kalimba arrives ready to play. A tuning hammer is included allowing you to easily change the tone of the tines (keys). Simply tap the top of the tines for a higher pitch, or the bottom of the tines for a lower pitch. Convenient key stickers are also included for use as a phonetic guide for those learning to play.
The kalimba is the perfect gift for any music lover. The unique design of this small but powerful sounding instrument will be appreciated by beginners and experienced kalimba players alike. Originating from southern Africa, this instrument is played by holding in both hands and plucking the metal tines with your thumbs. This style of playing is why the kalimba is commonly known as a “thumb piano”. Smaller in size than the Mbira the kalimba was modeled after, this instrument is classified in the musical category of lamellophones or plucked idiophones.
Velvet Storage Bag